Summer Camps for Parents and their Toddlers and Preschoolers
Young children thrive on structure; parents thrive on seeing their children play, grow and learn. Nurture your child’s development in a safe, loving and peaceful setting. Join our Waldorf teachers as they continue the rhythm of NatureTots and NatureFriends through the summer months. Meshewa, our Indian Hill Early Childhood satellite campus, is surrounded by acres of forests, meadows and streams just waiting for childhood exploration.
Enjoy the outdoors as you and your child participate in circle time, nature walks, puppet plays under the Storie Tree, sand and garden play, climbing and snack time. We’ll explore in the natural play space and splash in the bubbling stream. If weather dictates, we’ll move indoors to our classrooms filled with hand crafted toys and creative activities.
The morning session, NatureTots, is for younger toddlers, ages 16 months-3 years; the afternoon session, NatureFriends, is for older children, ages 3-4 years. Afternoon activities will mimic those of the morning session but with more challenging activities – longer walks, advanced crafts, increased independent play – still with a grown-up along.
Along Meshewa’s tree-lined drive, you’ll see the activities of our supporting neighbor, Turner Farm. Their organic farm is busy with the activities of chickens, sheep, cows and horses, not to mention a friendly farmer or two. They always welcome a visit from our NatureTots families!
Come enjoy the tranquility of Meshewa while your child enjoys the world of nature!
- Dates: Wednesdays – July 23, 30, August 6, 13 and Thursdays – July 24, 31, August 7, 14
- NatureTots Time: 9:00-11:00 a.m. (CAMP CLOSED - Place your name on our waiting list HERE.)
- NatureFriends Time: 12:30-2:30 p.m. (Wednesday NF Class CLOSED – Place your name on our waiting list HERE. Thursday class still open.)
- Cost: $100 for 4 sessions
- Meshewa – 7550 Given Road, Cincinnati, OH, 45243
- Learn about our other Cincinnati Summer Nature Camps
- Questions? Please contact Teri Heist, Meshewa Program Coordinator at 513-271-0585 or via email.