Fri, Sep 29|
Join us as we gather our courage to face life's challenges — and the coming winter's cold and dark — during our Michaelmas Festival!
Time & Location
Sep 29, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Cincinnati, 6743 Chestnut St, Cincinnati, OH 45227, USA
About the event
The seasonal festival of Michaelmas is uniquely celebrated in Waldorf schools around the world. At our school, we join in this tradition to honor the power that exists in each of us with our in-school Michaelmas celebration for students in Grades 1-12.
CWS Michaelmas Celebration for the Grades (1-12)
- 1:15 - 2pm: Class sharings and the Michaelmas play in the bowl (seating on the hillside next to the school).
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early and bring your own seat!
- Parking: There is parking available within a few blocks of the school on Murray, Oak, Chestnut, and Beech Streets. There is also public parking in and around Mariemont Square if you are willing and able to walk a little further.
- 2 - 2:30pm: After the class sharings, students will engage in service work while parents have an opportunity to socialize.
- 2:30pm: Everyone is invited to gather on the back pavement to enjoy a dragon bread feast (which is kindly being prepared by the third and fourth grade families).
- Preschool and Kindergarten families are invited to join for the grades performance and feast. (Please note, if you are picking your preschool or kindergarten child up to attend the celebration, they may not return to after care. Additional information about preschool and kindergarten specific celebrations will come directly from your child’s teacher.)
- In case of rain, the festival will be rescheduled for the week of October 2-6, and the community will be notified via text and email.